Clean Oil Services comprehensive oil analysis program can be invaluable to the planning and operation of your business.Tweet
Be sure your oil analysis provider schools you and your staff on the interpretation of your results so that you can reap the benefits of the service you have paid for and use your oil analysis as an important tool for your lubrication management and preventative maintenance planning.
Used oil analysis will allow you many advantages, a few are as follows:
1. Monitor and identify the contamination entering your machine
2. Accurately monitor the wear rates of your machinery
3. Early identification of premature wear or contamination in the compartment
4. Check for excessive wear and predict failure
5. Check practices to enable wear rates to be reduced and cleaner operating conditions
6. Monitor the condition of your oil and determine its life
7. Monitor oil performance and maximise oil use
8. Check that optimum oil type and grade is being used to suit operating conditions
9. Plan maintenance to suit shutdowns or outages instead of unscheduled breakdowns
10. Keep you up to date and at the forefront of technology advancement
11. Identify the optimum methods of improving machine health and oil condition
Oil Analysis result interpretations rely very heavily on trending for accurate reliable results and early failure detection, hence taking the occasional oil sample does not constitute an oil analysis program.
Variables such as contamination when sampling can cause discrepancies in the results, NEVER take corrective action based on the results of one sample alone; always resample to check a suspect result and sample regularly to maintain an accurate wear trend.
As part of your maintenance team, Clean Oil Services Pty Ltd staff will discuss with you any possible action which may be necessary in the case of a suspect sample. Should you suspect a problem, or notice any abnormality, advise your lab, as any information is critical in determining possible action from suspect samples. Remember we work with you as a team.
Study the photos supplied with your report and compare the current photo with previous samples. We like to see improvement, which means we are on the right track and getting results - we are saving you money.
If you do not understand or have any questions regarding your report, contact our laboratory.
You are paying us to provide you with results.